Here's how to make perfect coffee right at home:
1. Start with 2 Tbs of coffee for every 6 oz of cold water. You may add more or less coffee to suit your taste.
2. Grind it fresh, right before brewing. The shorter the brewing process, the finer the grind should be. For a French Press, a course grind is what you want. For an automatic drip coffee maker, a finer grind will do the trick.
3. Use fresh, cold water. Filter it to get the chlorine out if you can and heat it to just off the boil (195-205 Deg F). Any cooler and you won't extract the full range of flavors. If you are using an automatic machine, be sure it gets the water hot enough.
4. Sit back and think happy thoughts.Dynamite job on brewing a great cup of coffee!
1. Brew your coffee a little stronger than normal. Try 1 cup of fresh ground coffee for 32 oz of water.
2. Fill a large pitcher with 1.5 pounds of ice.
3. Remove the filter basket from your coffee maker and place it on top of the pitcher. Pour hot water just off the boil slowly over the grounds, melting the ice and diluting the coffee to the proper strength.
4. Sit back and enjoy!